These are some of our favorite recipes made with fresh Moelker Orchards fruits! Please feel free to try these delicious treats and tricks with all of our farm fresh produce!
William Tell's Never-Miss Apple Cake
Made with Farm Fresh Moelker Apples!
Aprox. 90 Minutes
1 8 oz pkg softened cream cheese
2 cups white sugar (divided into 1/2 c & 1-1/2 c)
1 cup vegetable oil
2 cups flour
2 tsp baking powder
2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp baking soda
2 cups peeled, chopped tart apples
1 cup shredded carrots
1/2 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and 1/2 cup sugar until smooth.Beat in 1 egg and set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat oil with remaining sugar and eggs until well blended.
- Combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, and baking soda; gradually beat into oil mixture until blended.
- Stir in apples, carrots, and nuts.
- Transfer half of the apple batter to a greased and floured 10 inch fluted tube pan; layer with cream cheese mixture and remaining apple batter.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 50 - 60 minutes.