These are some of our favorite recipes made with fresh Moelker Orchards fruits! Please feel free to try these delicious treats and tricks with all of our farm fresh produce!
Butternut Squash & Honeycrisp Apple Soup
Made with Farm Fresh Moelker Apples!
Aprox. 45-60 Minutes
1 spanish onion diced
1 medium carrot peeled & chopped
5 cups peeled, seeded & cubed butternut squash
2 TBS olive or canola oil
2 MICHIGAN Honeycrisp apples (peeled, seeded & chopped)
1 cup MICHIGAN Apple Cider
1 ½ quarts chicken stock or chicken bouillon
1 TBS Worcestershire sauce
2 tsp chopped sage
salt & pepper to taste
2 tsp honey
2 bay leaves
4 oz butter
2 oz sour cream
- Saute’ onion & carrots in oil about 10 minutes
- Add squash, chicken stock & remaining ingredients except apples & butter (add some salt & pepper now, can add more later).
- Simmer until squash is tender
- Add apples & cook 5 minutes
- Remove from heat & take out bay leaves
- Puree soup in blender, food processor or hand blender until smooth (may have to divide soup – hot soup expands in blender).
- Stir in butter; add salt & pepper to taste (if soup is too thick add a bit more stock).