These are some of our favorite recipes made with fresh Moelker Orchards fruits! Please feel free to try these delicious treats and tricks with all of our farm fresh produce!
Individual Apple Upside-Down Cakes
Made with Farm Fresh Moelker Apples!
Aprox. 60 Minutes
3 TB melted butter
3 TB firmly packed brown sugar
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
4 medium unpeeled, cored Gala or Empire apples, sliced 1/2" thick
1/4 cup dried tart cherries
1 box dry yellow cake mix
1 cup sour cream
1 cup apple juice or cider
1/2 cup vegetable oil
3 large eggs
1 1/2 cups plain granola, finely crushed
3/4 cup caramel ice cream topping
3/4 cup prepared whipped topping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray twelve 4 1/2" muffin cups with baking spray and flour.
- For cake, combine butter, brown sugar & cinnamon. Divide mixture evenly between 12 muffin cups.
- Place 1 apple slice over butter mixture on bottom of each muffin cup pressing firmly into cup.
- Fill center with cherries.
- Combine cake mix, sour cream, apple juice, oil and eggs in bowl of mixer.
- Mix on low speed for 30 seconds. Then bean on medium speed 3 minutes.
- Portion batter into each muffin cup.
- Sprinkle with 2 TB crushed granola, lightly pressing into batter.
- Bake 30 - 35 minutes or until wooden pick inserted into center of cake comes out clean.
- Cool in pan 10 minutes. Carefully invert on cooling rack. Cool completely.
- When ready to serve, drizzle each cake with 1 TB caramel topping and top with 1 TB whipped topping. Makes 12 servings.